Mary Reads: Gus’s letter to Van Houten
This is just a test drive to see the response this (maybe) project gets. I’m very very nervous about this. *deep breath*
Book(s) read: 2
Pages read: 748
Reading prompts/challenges completed:
Already started on my next book, which is Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline :)
Hey sweet Nonnie!
I have gotten this question before, but it’s okay, I’m really happy to help :)
- Have a clean, organized theme; make it as easy as possible for your followers to get around your blog
- Try and keep content original when possible - take pictures, document your reading progress, discuss the books that you’re reading; it’s okay to reblog things, we all do it, but try to add something of your own
- Write book reviews - make your opinions clear and don’t be afraid to express them
- Participate in events, like books-cupcakes's Book Photo Challenge, treesofreverie's Read-A-Thons, there are also book clubs, hosted by bookmad and booktown; also thegirlofnovels is trying to set up a world wide book club
- Participate in discussions, get involved in the book community (we’re very welcoming, like I said)
- If you can afford it, try hosting a book giveaway
- Last but not least, don’t be afraid to ask for help from fellow bloggers, but keep it nice and polite :)
The best advice I can give you, though, is to have fun! Don’t stress about followers and note counts and such. Just do it for yourself and do it for fun :)
Good luck, I’m here for anything else :)
Subway reads. Took some pics of this morning’s commute for you, books-and-cookies. I’ll admit — the cupcake fairy book is what we were reading. Counted seven others on my car that were eading as well. (Three of those were newspapers.) The woman across from me is reading something on her ereader, though I couldn’t tell what.
I love this so much! I wish I could see people doing this here as well. But it’s comforting to know that it does happen. Thank you <3
Okay, so I’ve decided what my new blog project is going to be :) Many of you have told me that you like my accent/voice/variations on this particular feature :)) So I’ve decided to try a new project: "Mary Reads". What does this mean? Every week, I’ll be recording myself reading the first chapter of some of my favourite books. These will be audio posts, not videos, and hopefully you guys will be entertained enough for me to keep it going. The first 2-3 posts will be trial ones, if this is not well met, I’ll scratch it.
So, yeah, I just wanted to make a post announcing this. Stay tuned, the first post will probable be up tomorrow or Friday at the latest :)
Thank you, sending hugs and cookies to everyone! <3
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion…she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit—more sparkly, more fun, more wild—the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.
When Cricket—a gifted inventor steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
When I bought this book I thought to myself, “Can anything be as great as Anna and the French Kiss?” and Lola and the Boy Next Door definitely proved that wrong. I loved, loved this book. The characters (It also had Anna AND Etienne!!!), the storyline, the dialogue, the setting and the writing were all spectacular. I didn’t move from my chair for hours when I started reading this - I just could NOT put it down.
I don’t know what I really expect of this book because when i started to read about Lola and Max I liked him! He had a lifestyle that would make you expect him to be reckless and careless but he wasn’t like that completely. He cared for Lola and I was thinking, “This is going to be hard for me to choose between the guys!” But then in strolls Cricket and if anyone knows where I can find a Cricket Bell, please contact me. Immediately.
This book was touching and it made my heart melt. I felt like I was part of the story and I really enjoyed that about this book. Stephanie Perkins writing comes alive in her books and I aspire to write like that someday. An easy to read, flowing story with captivating words.
I fell in love with a book today, as I often do.
all you wonderful people need to stop living in narnia and like come exist within reaching distance or something okay
This speaks to me on a spiritual level.
Hey awesome sauce people!
My Birthday is coming up and I thought “What better way to celebrate than a giveaway to my awesome followers!”
So here is a list of my favourite books that I would love to share with you!
- Must be following me
- To enter reblog or like, just don’t spam your followers please.
- There will be two winners who can pick one paperback book each.
- This giveaway is international! books will be shipped using the book depository, which ships worldwide
- You must be willing to give me your address. Promise not to stalk you!
- Giveaway ends on 18th of September my birthday. (feel free to send me gifts :P)
Best of Luck!